NOW HIRING!! Look below for more details!!
As a provider of pre-hospital emergency medical care, Clear Lake EMS incurs significant costs to remain operational and a significant part of our operational budget comes from patient billing. Medical billing however is not an easy undertaking and required months to years of training and experience to properly code records for billing. Because of the complexities of medical billing, Clear Lake EMS utilizes a third-party billing company to handle our billing. If you call the ambulance service or village office, we we will be unable to answer specific questions about billing, EOB's, or insurance payments to your account. Please utilize the information below to contact our billing service.
Clear Lake EMS was contracted with LifeQuest services out of Wautoma, Wi.
N2930 State Road 22
Wautoma, WI 54982-5267
Clear Lake EMS contracted with Andres Medical Billing for patient billing
3223 North Wilke Road
Arlington Heights, IL 60004
Clear Lake EMS provides several different levels of service. Below is a listing of rates currently charged effective 10-01-2016
979 Unit 1
DO NOT IGNORE YOUR BILL IF YOU RECEIVE ONE!!
If your bill is unpaid and attempts to contact you have gone unanswered after 120 days, our billing company will initiate collection actions against you.
Our billing company makes every effort to handling billing through your insurance company or if you don't have insurance, you directly. We understand the high cost of medical bills and if we transported you to he hospital, our bill is is probably the least of your worries. That said, we welcome payment arrangements to pay off any bill you may have with our service and our payment arrangements are interest free until the bill is paid in full if you continue to make payments on time.
If your bill is unpaid, it will be turned over to our collections company and a 28% collection fee will be added to your bill. Waukesha County Collections, a division of Waukesha County in Wisconsin, is our collection agency and has a wide ranging ability to collect your unpaid bill.
It costs a lot to have an ambulance respond to a call for service and unfortunately, EMS services can not be provided for free. On average, it costs around $700 just to have an ambulance roll out of the garage.
We partner with our hospitals to receive billing information you may have on file with them. In addition, our billing provider has programs that can search for insurance providers for our patients. That does not guarantee that we have the correct insurance information. If you received a bill, contact our billing company with your insurance information ASAP so you do not receive further bills.
This is something you will have to take up with your insurance provider and is based on the type of plan and coverage you have. Our bill will show that we've received payment from your insurance and show your remaining balance. Contact our billing company ASAP to setup payment arrangements.
Meidcare provides a set reimbursement rate to EMS providers and pays 80% of that rate. The remaining 20% is the patient's responsibility. If you have Part B insurance, you should contact our billing company to provide us with the Part B information. If you do not have Part B, the remaining balance is your responsibility.
Unfortunately, Medicare/Medicaid does not reimburse EMS providers for services beyond transportation of patients. This means when we attempt to bill Medicare/Medicaid for patients who do not get transported, they deny the claim and the bill becomes your responsibility in full.
Emergency Medical Services are expensive due to a number of factors. You've undoubtedly heard about the high cost of Epi? We use the same drugs in our ambulances. Epi-Pens cost over $500, Glucagon (used for Diabetic reactions) cost $350 per dose, and so on. In addition to high drug prices, overhead for EMS providers is high. Ambulances cost $210,000 and are generally replaced every 8 to 10 years at most. Insurances for our service cost over $15,000 per year. Add to that numerous other fixed costs and it easy to quickly see how expensive it is to provide EMS services. While taxes pay for a portion of the service's operations, patient billing still account for over 60% of the budget. Visit our about us page to learn more about the operation of the service.